Happy Wednesday! Here’s the post you all have been waiting for; Three Ingredient Brownies. Yes, you’ve read correctly. Three Ingredient Brownies. These ooey-gooey chocolatey brownies will leave you begging for more and possibly never make you go back to traditional brownies…ever…again. Not only are these brownies super yummy, they are gluten free! The real challenge is trying not to eat them all in one sitting.
I knew about the other “Three Ingredient Brownies” which includes Nutella, flour, and eggs. However, I wanted something without the unnecessary calories, hydrogenated oils and guilt. I stumbled across the cleaner recipe from Instagram and I was in complete awe! Discovering a healthier alternative was incredible. Luckily, I added my own twist to heighten and elevate these brownies to the next level!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 medium overripe bananas (the browner the skin the better!)
- 1 cup of smooth nut butter (I used almond butter)
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chips (ohh yeeaaahh :P)
- 2Tbsp-1/4 cup cocoa powder (more=richer taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a small pan or use a non-stick cake pan and set aside.
- In a small microwave safe bowl or stove top, melt your nut butter. In a large mixing bowl, add bananas, nut butter and cocoa powder, mix very well.
- Pour mixture into the greased or non-stick pan for about 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the dark chocolate chips onto the hot brownies.
- When the chocolate chips melt, use a knife to spread the melted chocolate all over the brownies.
SIDENOTE: You can allow them to cool completely before slicing or you can be like me and dive right in!
You can add chocolate or vanilla protein powder to create protein brownies. You can also enjoy this with vanilla ice cream or coconut milk based ice cream too!
I hope you found this recipe helpful and delicious. Enjoy xoxo.
PLEASE LIKE, SHARE AND SUBSCRIBE!